What are the main mistakes that allowed each manager when starting a new job?
Each of us, starting a new job strives to demonstrate and show their bosses, their potential. Ambition and desire to be good professionals and especially not lose their job, most cases are making more problems. At this point, each allowing several major errors on their subordinates.
- Troubleshooting problems from day one – after as, new manager to it is met with problems, he to embarks in their solving. Activated by the will that no impossible Things manager begin General change more from first day on his appointment. The team discovers new changes in movement and word of mouth among themselves.
In this case, wreaking greater turmoil in the work of employees who have no time to react. This in turn leads to even greater problems. Stress and panic appears the fear of layoffs. Tension is high at this time each employee began making larger errors in the execution of their tasks.
To avoid this situation, and still get the job done and get positive results, and show your boss that you deserve this place, forget about general changes from day one. Make a plan on how to proceed gradually, without increasing the tension in the team. Get to know the people with whom you have to work. Discover strengths and weaknesses of their seats. Analyze the situation in the basics and then take steps to impose changes. Give people enough time to change the way they work, which you have built before.
- Dictatorial control mode – As a second major mistake that I’ve noticed, I indicated the choice of approach to governance. The newly appointed manager, in most cases, this exclude people who are dictators on nature, choose exactly this approach on management. Without to think, for consequences they to rush in adventure called management, using the methods of the dictatorship. This again leads to stress for employees, some are ready to leave on the second day and it just this reason. The problem here appears, especially if the previous manager was more liberal and used leadership as way on management no
In management theory, is widespread concept of “free hold” staff. The theory relies on the fact that “when we grit in his palm, the stronger fingers, the more fall out of them and vice versa, as the pressure is lighter, more remain in our hands.” This illustration is closely related to the choice of approach to governance.
- Lack of communication between you and subordinates – often happened to me in my practice, to hear the reply: “I’m your manager, and so I have decided.” Whether newly appointed manager is or is already in this position for years, They take this position for granted and accept the fact that as they are in this position they are more than others. Hence the problem of There monologue, but no and dialogue. It find time to talk with subordinates, to them listen. Weather always you it is limited to this do reprimand without even to give chance to listen where it is exactly problem.
Try to listen to subordinates. They constantly see the problems and know best what can be done to avoid. Give them a chance to show you the decision without interrupting them. 5 minutes listening on your part, you can completely change the first decision, which have been taken. But when you can not find the time to listen, just to talk, it leads to the failure of both your work and your subordinates.
- Treat errors as output learn from them – the majority of managers, take each mistake as an index for a big problem. Regardless of what type it is, managers are reluctant to part with the slave of the moment. Each organization has clear and strict rules. Even if you are newly rules, they describe the boundaries of what should and what should be done, yet, here comes the human factor. Your subordinates are people who think and have their own sense of things. Sometimes subordinated take its own decision that the manager did not approve and treat it as a big mistake.
However, this approach is wrong and leads to conceal errors. Commenting on the mistakes of their subordinates, you and they and the guilty can learn from them. One time while I was a computer literacy course, my teacher told me something that to this day I have left in my head: “Computers do not learn from theory but from trial and error. If you receive an error, you’ve done something wrong, come back again and try another way until you get the desired result!” Successful entrepreneurs share the same experiences that are successful because they have made mistakes which have taught them.
- Check your employees – as the previous point and here comes the question of the time you have available to work side with your subordinates. As a manager, your employees understand the fact that you have a lot of responsibilities and tasks that are reported to the higher court. But except for communication with subordinates, the main thing you need to do is to take a little time to explore their subordinates. Do not take for granted each of them. Many managers say: “If he / she are in this position, so he applied for it!” Regardless of what position the employee is appointed and whatever his responsibilities, every employee is strictly individual. Each has different interests, different knowledge, and different hobbies. Take time to discover the potential of each employee, what interested and especially if there is knowledge in other areas, not only those who need them to perform everyday tasks.
About a month ago, the company where I work accidentally heard the owner and manager to comment on a problem. Approaching them I asked them if I can offer an option for decision. The manager looked at me skeptically and said to do my job, that’s his job. The owner, in turn, stopped him and asked me if I think I can give a decision, be ready to listen to me. After I explained how I see the problem and gave my decision, the owner was delighted and praised me. Then he asked me why I have not said that I have this knowledge. My answer was short – “I indicated my interest and knowledge in my CV.”
Many companies do not have time to study well their employees and so lose time and money looking for outside help. Here the solution is simple – take a little time and research staff. You will be fascinated by the fact that you have the employees who have this potential and knowledge that you have not guessed it.
For or against the training of staff at a low level?
About a month ago, a company with few outlets for groceries, contact with me toRead More
What can we learn from the directors of successful business
What is the association that you do hear the titles of movies like “TheRead More